Our beauty experts let us in on some of their “pretty little secrets.” These beauty tricks will not only save you time and money but they will keep you looking beautiful.
1) Keep Misbehaving Brows In Check: Spritz an old toothbrush or a clean mascara wand with hairspray, then brush brows and style them as desired. Even the most hard to tame brows will fall in line with this trick.
2) Avoid Long Steamy Showers: Instead, opt for shorter, cooler sprays. Long, hot showers strip the skin of its moisture and wash away its protective oils. So limit your showers to 10 minutes and keep the water cool.
3) Remove Nail Polish Without Remover: If you run out of nail polish remover, you can remove cracked or chipped nail polish by applying a clear top coat to the nail and removing it promptly with a cotton ball.
4) Towel Dry The Right Way: Don’t rub your hair dry with your towel; it will cause your hair to frizz. Instead, before getting out of the shower gently squeeze excess water from your hair. Then, wrap your hair in a towel and pat it dry to absorb any remaining moisture.
5) Tweezing Tips: Before you tweeze, make sure you soften your skin by dabbing a cotton ball soaked in warm water or cream. When you start tweezing, do so in the direction of your hair’s growth.
6) Exfoliate Your Lips: To ensure that your lips are in perfect pout condition apply lip balm to your lips, then using a toothbrush or clean mascara wand, scrub your lips (don’t be too rough). Then, use a tissue to wipe away excess flakes and voila! You’ll have a perfect pout in no time.
7) Lighten Hair With Chamomile Tea And Lemon Juice: Rinse your hair with a mixture of chamomile and fresh lemon juice instead of conditioner to permanently lighten your tresses. Allow your hair to dry while sitting in the sun or use a blow dryer — the heat will lighten your locks.
8) Soothe Your Stomach… And Your Face: Apparently Pepto-Bismol isn’t just a stomach soother, it can also be used as a facial mask. It contains bismuth subsalicylate, which is commonly found in facial creams. Spread two teaspoons of Pepto-Bismol on your face, then let it dry for 15 to 30 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
9) Use Ice Cubes To Keep Fat, Acne and Wrinkles At Bay: Sounds weird but apparently massaging an ice cube over your face until it melts. Do it every night before bed and keep fat cells, acne and wrinkles under control.
10) Get smooth legs: If you’re out of shaving cream, lather your legs with conditioner instead of soap. Conditioner will soften the hair on your legs making it easier to shave (and it will leave your skin feeling extra silky).